We’re looking for a Linux Engineer / System Admin who will be responsible to provide exceptional supporting services for the development life-cycle of enterprise-level projects. This role will handle internal and external technology infrastructure to support Vardot’s SLAs, and provide a smooth and automated development life-cycle.
What you’ll do:
- Support, monitor, and manage an always-available cloud-based SaaS platform for our Clients.
- Setup, monitor and build monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs.
- Support, monitor, and manage internal IT infrastructure network and servers.
- Active ownership for supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation.
- Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools.
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure,
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Strong Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache/Nginx).
- LAMP stack administration and tuning experience (e.g. Apache, MySQL, PHP, Varnish, Memcache ..etc).
- Strong networking skills and administration.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, SQL, HTML, TCP/IP, SIP.
- Experience in building high performance and high availability infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to propose, advocate and critique design alternatives to determine solutions.
- Very knowledgeable in the area of web content management systems; experience with multiple systems.
- Familiarity with cloud/on-premises environment administration.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with Linux containers / Docker.
- Experience in VMware administration, Active Directory management.
- Knowledge in continuous integration and automation tools.
- Drupal experience.
- Familiarity with IP telephony troubleshooting.