Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Migrant Service Assistant
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Short term contract with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : 21 January 2018
Closing Date : 28 January 2018
Vacancy No. : JOR/02/2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the administration supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be based in Amman and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Take responsibility for the day-to-day assistance to Syrian and Iraqi beneficiaries in the FAP centre;
2. Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
3. Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the VIDEX online application form as per checklists and conduct completeness checks on all documentation before their visa appointment;
4. Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner. This will include distributing information sheets, the Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
5. Organize the files of the applicants based on the instructions of the German Consular staff and in full compliance with the IOM Service Standards;
6. Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms; enter required applicant data, lodge application documents in the required order in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to Embassy at their scheduled interview time;
7. Keep track of the number of appointments scheduled and Syrian applicants actually coming to the German Consulate for their family reunification visa appointment;
8. Call center service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
9. Appointment scheduling: Ensure appointment system for applicants coming to FAP is operated effectively;
10. Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
11. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
12. Maintain positive working relationships with German Consular staff locally;
13. Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
14. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload.
15. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
16. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
17. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience with Minimum 02 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities, or diploma degree from credible institute with relevant qualification and four years of working experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Fluency in Arabic and English is required; working knowledge of German is an advantage.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
– Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by 28 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN #.72805
– Interested Internal candidates need to submit their application plus a motivation letter to email@example.com by 28 January 2018 their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 21 January 2018 to 28 January 2018