Position Title : Project Assistant
Duty Station : Amman – Jordan
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 January 2018
Vacancy No. : JOR/01/2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Team Leader and the administration supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be based in Amman and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of the FAP activities and provide logistical/administrative support;
- Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
- Communicate with the German NGOs and other external German stakeholders on FAP related matters in close coordination with the Team Leader and Project Coordinator as needed;
- Provide accurate information in a timely manner to the German speaking representatives. This will include updating information sheets and visa requirement checklists in German; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries in German from applicants’ representatives (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing them of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
- Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms; enter required applicant and representative’s data accurately;
- Make informal translations of documents, communication and meetings for the Project Coordinator as needed;
- Call center service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
- Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
- Maintain positive working relationships with German Embassy staff locally;
- Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
- Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience
University degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration with a professional certification as chartered accountant or certified public accountant with minimum three years, or Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of directly relevant professional experience.
Good knowledge of MS office, specifically in EXCEL
Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
Fluency in Arabic and English is required; working knowledge of German is an advantage.
Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by 28 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN # 72803.
Interested Internal candidates need to submit their application plus a motivation letter to email@example.com by 28 January 2018, their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 21 January 2018 to 28 January 2018
للتقديم من هنا